Emergency Vehicle Refurbishment
Refurbishment Case Study - Oakville Fire Dept. - Ontario, Canada
Oakville has placed one of the most sophisticated command and communications vehicles in Ontario into service. Other than the fact that it features Hackney’s VisionComms interoperable communications system, the concept utilized a reserve pumper that was re-purposed by Hackney from a pumper to a modern mobile command vehicle, saving the city over $180,000 over the cost of a new chassis. Hackney completely repainted the cab and sandblasted and stretched the chassis frame rails. To provide maximum storage efficiency for storage of folding tables and chairs the frame was dropped and pinched behind the cab. View more information on this vehicle.
Emergency Support & Rescue Vehicles
At Hackney, it's no sideline, it's what we do. When you're focused, being the leader comes easy. Whether you need a rescue for extrication, mobile breathing air refill capabilities, flood lighting, incident command or a combination thereof, call us. You'll be amazed at how much emergency vehicle your money can buy.
We perform full OEM reconditioning in our North Carolina factory, which is part of the Hackney Authorized service network.
- Modifications: Reconfigure compartments by adding shelving, trays, tool boards, reels, equipment mounting
- NFPA 1901-2009 Compliance: Upgrade electrical systems to current multiplexed technology; integrate Data Recorder; upgrade to LED lighting
- Re-Chassis: Replace that tired, unsafe and underpowered chassis with a new commercial cab/chassis or custom Spartan cab/chassis
- Damage Repair: Repair or replace damaged doors and compartments; upgrade to roll-up doors; replace/repair damaged body components
- Generator & Lighting: Install PTO generator; add light tower and other flood lighting; install cord reels and outlets
- Paint & Graphics: Repaint and/or change color(s) using mirror-finish Sikkens; NFPA 1901 compliant Chevron stripping
- Reconditioning available on any manufacturers model